Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cloth intersecting collider at start 5 months 1 week ago #581

• Chad
  • Chad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have an avatar and teeshirt and I notice when I start a sim and there happens to be an intersection between the cloth and collider (avatar) that the cloth remains stuck inside. Is there any setting that can remedy this or is it just a matter of not having any intersections in my initial meshes?

Txs,
Chad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cloth intersecting collider at start 5 months 1 week ago #582

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi Chad,

So yes, you need to not have intersections in your initial meshes.

Two choices here, 
1) shrink the avatar a bit and morph it back during first few frames, bigger the shrink the more frames you need.
2) duplicate your tee-shirt mesh and use the original as the Carbon Cloth reference mesh.
Now pull the vertices of the duplicate tee-shirt out of the collider in such a way that you don't create self collision in the cloth.
Now use the duplicate non-intersecting tee-shirt as the Carbon Cloth start mesh - see screenshot below

In addition if the movement required to untangle is large you can use lead simulation and stasis mode to allow sim to get back to require start pose without reaction forces or gravity active. Something like 0.5 sec lead sim is probably enough. See second image below.

That should sort it.

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by admin.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.886 seconds